Vice President, Biogas
The Inlandsis Fund is a North American leader in financing projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Initially focused on regulated carbon markets, the Fund’s mandate was recently expanded to include financing biogas projects. The Fund is capitalized by Fondaction, a Quebec pension fund with nearly $2 billion in assets under management. Management and Fondaction are preparing to follow this initial fund with a second, significantly larger fund.
This is a rare opportunity to join the management team of a rapidly growing fund and build an investment portfolio in biogas projects.
What You Will Do
- Play a key role in designing and implementing the biogas investment strategy for the current fund and the planned second fund
- Participate in the management team, advise the CEO and engage with the Board of Directors
- Lead technical and regulatory due diligence of investments, fuel pathways and related areas
- Take a major role in additional areas of project finance, including all other aspects of due diligence, risk analysis & management, deal structure and negotiations
- Build out and qualify the growing pipeline of projects in key North American RFS, LCFS and related markets, including British Columbia, California, Oregon and Québec
- Evaluate new markets and develop market entry strategies, as well as monitor existing markets
- Lead monitoring and auditing of biogas projects in the portfolio
- Participate in marketing biogas and associated environmental attributes
- Participate and present at relevant conferences
- Participate in other investments and initiatives as required
Skills and Experience
- Engineering or science degree. Master’s degree in engineering and/or business degree beneficial, but not required.
- 7+ years developing, operating, designing and/or evaluating RNG or other biofuel, RFS/LCFS projects, including anaerobic digesters, involving various feedstocks, processing low BTU gas into pipeline quality gas, and structuring feedstock and energy transactions (offtakes and PPAs)
- Strong understanding of the regulatory and value chains of the major North American RNG markets
- Sufficient financial modeling expertise to ensure accurate assessment of commercial and financial structures, as well as revenue, project performance, risks, capex and opex
- Understanding of carbon intensity fuel pathways
- Ability to work remotely and independently as VP can be located anywhere in North America
- Willingness to travel 10-20%
- Bilingual (English and French) would be beneficial, but not required
- Fit with the Fund’s culture, including a strong desire to use markets to address environmental challenges
We will carefully consider all applications, but only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Michael Akettia firstname.lastname@example.org.