The Inlandsis Fund is a North American leader in financing projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Initially focused on regulated carbon markets, the Fund’s mandate was recently expanded to include financing renewable natural gas projects. The Fund is capitalized by Fondaction, a Quebec pension fund with nearly $2 billion in assets under management. Management and Fondaction are preparing to follow this initial fund with a second, significantly larger fund.
This is a rare opportunity to join the team of a rapidly growing fund and make substantial contributions to its investments, portfolio and strategy.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the management team to execute the day-to-day elements of the investment process, including: contributing to screening, evaluating, performing due diligence, structuring and monitoring investments. The work will include technical and non-technical analyses of projects, financial modeling, drafting investment documents, engaging with outside advisors, and supporting portfolio monitoring efforts.
- Supporting the development of the investment pipeline in carbon credit and renewable natural gas projects by contributing to sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities.
- Conduct comprehensive policy, regulatory, economic, and value chain research in new and existing markets.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in other initiatives as required.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience tied to the energy, natural resources, industrial or investment sectors. Experience with project finance or project development would be ideal, and experience with environmental commodity markets would be very beneficial.
- Business or engineering degree, and an MBA would be beneficial, but not required.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Strong financial modeling and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a demanding entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Bilingual (English and French) would be beneficial, but not required.
- Fit with the Fund’s culture, including a strong desire to use markets to address environmental challenges.
Located in Victoria or Montréal, this is a part-time position with a strong potential to become full-time within a year. We will carefully consider all applications, but only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Michael Akettia firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled.